Are you passionate about history, antiques, collectables, fine art and auctions?
Are you self-motivated, take pride in your work and look to broaden your horizons? Do you strive to provide an optimum and up to date service for your client?
This is an excellent and rare opportunity to join the team at one of the West Midlands leading Antique and Fine Art auction houses. The right applicant will have the opportunity to build a career within the antique industry, with excellent opportunities for promotion and advancement.
Reporting to: Auction House Manager
Overall Job Purpose: To provide an effective and efficient service to all Trevanion and Dean Auction Room customers, clients and support the internal team.
- Physically fit
- Able to work as part of a team and on own initiative
- An interest in antiques and the auction world
- Honesty & integrity
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good customer service skills
- Good administration skills
1. To accept goods and chattels for sale, observing agreed standards of professionalism and confidentiality and in line with agreed best practice and statutory regulations and to move goods around the saleroom including for; storage, display, photography and collections.
2. To ensure that all information in relation to the securing of instructions and subsequent sale procedure is recorded and that all parties including vendors, purchasers and other members of the auction house team are kept informed of current status.
3. To liaise with the valuations and cataloguing team re: incoming items, to ensure that space is available and to liaise with the administration team re: outgoing items to ensure all relevant procedures have been adhered to in relation to clearing of goods to purchasers.
4. To maintain the auction room in accordance with agreed standards of merchandising, housekeeping, cleanliness and security.
5. To assist customers as appropriate during deliveries and collections, including internal and external couriers.
6. To assist in the logging and location of items during auction set-up, lotting up, presentation and handling of goods during auction days and to assist customers in every way possible.
7. To deal with enquiries and provide effective responses to all client and customer requests.
8. To build and enhance customer loyalty and promote the auction house appropriately whenever possible.
9. To maintain the company profile in the marketplace by ensuring that vendors and purchasers are welcomed both personally and over the phone and that the auction house provides a high level of customer service and satisfaction.
1. To ensure the Health and safety of all staff, clients and customers during the pursuance of business.
2. Carry out other ad hoc duties that the employer from time to time determines fall within the job holders capabilities and that may be required for the smooth operation of the auction house.
Please apply in writing with CV, covering letter and remuneration expectation to:
Christina Trevanion (Managing Director)